Honor our Veteran’s and First Responders
In 2012, SRI launched the Northumberland County Hometown Veteran Banner Program, honoring the local men and women who have served in the U.S. armed forces or first responders.
Our banner program honors both active-duty and veteran soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines as well as first responders with ties to Northumberland County. This could include those who have resided or currently reside in Northumberland County, relatives or close friends of those who meet the above criteria. Each individual banner will be unique and honor a specific Northumberland County veteran including their photo, branch and era of service, and hometown. This program is non-political and non-partisan.
May 20, 2017 at 10:00 a.m., the Hometown Heroes Ceremony will held in Cameron Park.
Interested in purchasing a banner?
The cost to purchase a new banner is $200. Once purchased, you can rehang the banner each year for $100. If you would like to participate in the Hometown Veteran Banner Program, you can print the form and mail it to Sunbury’s Revitalization, Inc., 249 Market Street, Sunbury, PA 17801 – by April 7, 2017.
Program Guidelines for Veterans
The following is important information regarding Veterans Banner submissions:
- Banners will honor veterans and active duty service persons with ties to Northumberland County. This could include those born in Northumberland County, those who have resided or currently reside in Northumberland County, or relatives or close friends of those who meet the above criteria.
- Photos of living individuals must be accompanied by a photo release form signed by the person in the photo. If the individual is currently deployed and unable to sign the form, written approval from the service person is acceptable.
- Photos submitted should be in reasonably good condition. Priorities for photos are as follows: (a) photo in uniform; (b) photo from the era of service, not in uniform; (c) current photo not in uniform. A copy of the veteran or service person’s DD2-14 is required in instances where a photo of the individual in uniform is not available.
- Two or more individuals may be honored on one banner if the individuals are related by blood or marriage. However, please complete a separate form with all required information for each individual being honored and staple them together.
- Banners will hang from May until November. At the end of the program, banners will be cleaned and presented to the veteran and/or the family or they can be picked up at the SRI office. Unclaimed Banners will become property of SRI and may be discarded after a reasonable time period.
- SRI may use images of banners in promotional materials. No notification or additional permission is required.
Banners as surprises to living individuals are not permitted.
If you would like to re-hang a banner please submit your application below or print the form and mail it to 249 Market Street, Sunbury, PA 17801. Banners are made of high quality material and will last several years; however at some point the color will fade to the point that it will no longer be in acceptable condition and will need to be replaced.
You will receive an email notification that we received your application to re-hang. You can pay the $100 fee directly from that email via PayPal or you can make a check made out to SRI to 249 Market Street, Sunbury, PA 17801.
PLEASE MARK ENVELOPES “PHOTOS /DO NOT BEND”